CAN Europe zoekt Climate Policy Coordinator
CAN Europe, the most influential NGO coalition working on climate action in Europe, is currently seeking an experienced and dynamic Climate Policy Coordinator to join our team. The successful candidate will shape, together with our network, our campaign on the revision of the EU's climate policy architecture and the improvement of the Effort Sharing Regulation in particular.
Required professional qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in an NGO or network coordination environment;
- Good knowledge of EU institutions and processes;
- Knowledge and understanding of climate policy development.
Experience and skills
- Experience of working with NGO’s;
- Experience of working in a very diverse environment, where multiple perspectives need to be aligned;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Experience with verbal communication and presentations to external audiences;
- Ability to set priorities, manage diverse tasks and meeting deadlines;
- Experience of working in an NGO network an asset, understanding challenges of working in a diverse NGO network a must;
- Experience with working in a team, while being able to work independently.
Main duties will include:
- Coordination of network-wide position on the revision of the Efforts Sharing Regulation and the EU's climate policy architecture in general;
- Gathering and understanding relevant policy developments and communicating them to expert and general audiences;
- Representation towards EU institutions: Commission, Parliament and Council;
- Mobilising and supporting the network in advocacy efforts to improve EU climate policy;
- Participate and/or lead cooperation with other stakeholders.
- Working closely together with our climate team
The location of this position is flexible, and remuneration will be defined accordingly. If the position would be based in our headquarters in Brussels, a Belgian open-ended contract will be provided with a projected salary between 3160,0EUR and 4310,0EUR gross/month depending on the years of relevant experience (from 3 to 20 years) and subject to Belgian taxes.
To apply, please send your (short) motivation letter and CV (in English) to email@example.com with “Climate Policy Coordinator” as subject line.
Closing date for applications: Friday 4 December 5pm
First round of Interviews preferably on 14 or 15 December 2020 (online)
Second round of interviews preferably on 19 December (online)
Expected start date: as soon as possible thereafter
Inquiries to Klaus Rohrig, firstname.lastname@example.org