CAN Europe zoekt EU Climate & Industry Policy Coordinator
Climate Action Network Europe (CAN Europe), recognised as Europe's leading network working on climate and energy issues, is currently seeking a highly motivated, dynamic and results-driven EU Climate & Industry Policy Coordinator to join our team in Brussels. This position will offer the successful candidate an opportunity to be at the center of the largest movement for global change that will affect people and the planet for centuries to come.
The successful candidate will work on several topics related to EU climate and industry policies, including the coordination of NGO engagement on the EU industrial strategy and related legislative initiatives relevant to the decarbonisation of European industry. She or he will thereby closely work together with other policy coordinators in the CAN Europe team, and with experts in the broad CAN Network all over Europe.
- Minimum 3 years relevant professional experience;
- Working knowledge of EU institutions and processes, and in particular of climate, industry and environment policy;
- Knowledge of climate and industry issues;
- Experience of working with NGOs, preferably in a network environment;
- Experience in advocacy work;
- Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills, time management, flexibility, and reliability;
- Ability to produce results according to schedule and respecting deadlines;
- Fluent written and spoken English; excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work on multiple issues in parallel.
- Experience with EU climate and industry policy development;
- Experience in fundraising and reporting would be an asset;
- Experience in writing research papers, reports.
Main duties will include
- Undertake and support advocacy and outreach activities on the EU industrial policy and related legislative initiatives relevant to the decarbonisation of European industry;
- Gather intelligence, follow EU policy development and regularly update network and partners;
- Contribute to preparation of briefings and papers for policy makers in Brussels and in capitals;
- Plan advocacy opportunities and together with NGOs in our network develop a mid-term advocacy strategy as well as a network position on NGO priorities for the EU’s industrial policy;
- Represent our network and do advocacy and lobby work;
- Contribute to fundraising efforts related to relevant policy dossiers.
This position is based in the CAN Europe secretariat, which houses our team of 23 staff members, in Mundo-B, the sustainable NGO office space near the St. Boniface neighborhood of Brussels. The bright, sunny office provides an exciting work environment with a restaurant serving organic food, an outdoor terrace, two gardens and plentiful bike-parking spaces.
This full time or 4/5 position is based on a Belgian open-ended contract. Please note that the title of Coordinator refers to CAN Europe's role as coordinator of our 160+ members network and not to internal management responsibilities. Remuneration for the job will be between 3300 and 4200 Euro gross/month depending on the years of relevant experience (from 0 to 20 years) and subject to Belgian taxes. Extra benefits include lunch vouchers, phone compensation & reimbursement of local transport costs.
To apply, please send a letter of motivation and CV in English to email@example.com with “EU Climate and Industry Policy Coordinator” as subject line.
The letter of motivation should clearly demonstrate why you want the job, stating why you wish to work for a climate NGO and how your skills and experience are relevant to the job requirements detailed above
Closing date for applications: Monday 16th December at midnight (CET)
First round of Interviews preferably between 19 and 24 December 2019
Second round of Interviews preferably between 6 & 10 January 2020
Expected start date: as soon as possible thereafter
Please note that CAN Europe is also hiring a EU Energy Policy Coordinator to work on gas issues.
Inquiries to Lionel Dehalu, Head of Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org +32 2 894 46 77
Vermeld bij je sollicitatie dat je de vacature op de website van Bond Beter Leefmilieu gevonden hebt.