CAN Europe zoekt EU Energy Policy Coordinator
Climate Action Network Europe (CAN Europe), recognised as Europe's leading network working on climate and energy issues, is currently seeking a highly motivated, dynamic and results-driven EU Energy Policy Coordinator to join our team in Brussels. This position will offer the successful candidate an opportunity to be at the center of the largest movement for global change that will affect people and the planet for centuries to come.
The successful candidate will work on several topics related to EU climate and energy policies, including on gas-related policies such as the PCI-list, TEN-Regulation, upcoming gas package and the methane strategy. He or she will thereby closely work together with other policy coordinators in the CAN Europe team, and with experts in the broad CAN Network all over Europe.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience;
- Working knowledge of EU institutions and processes, and in particular of climate, energy and environment policy;
- Knowledge of climate and energy issues;
- Experience of working with NGOs, preferably in a network environment;
- Experience in advocacy work;
- Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills, time management, flexibility, and reliability;
- Ability to produce results according to schedule and respecting deadlines;
- Fluent written and spoken English; excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work on multiple issues in parallel.
- Experience with EU climate and energy policy development;
- Experience in fundraising and reporting would be an asset;
- Experience in writing research papers, reports.
Main duties will include
- Undertake and support advocacy and outreach activities on gas related policies such as the PCI-list, the TEN-E regulation, the upcoming gas package and the methane strategy ;
- Gather intelligence and follow EU policy development on gas related policies;
- Contribute to preparation of briefings and papers for policy makers in Brussels and in capitals;
- Work closely with the Energy Scenarios coordinator, Coal policy coordinator and Renewable energy policy coordinator on the links between the overall developments related to energy infrastructure, coal phase out and renewable energy policy
- Develop advocacy opportunities and a long term strategy together with NGOs in our network;
- Represent our network and do advocacy and lobby work;
- Contribute to fundraising efforts related to relevant policy dossiers.
This position is based in the CAN Europe secretariat, which houses our team of 23 staff members, in Mundo-B, the sustainable NGO office space near the St. Boniface neighborhood of Brussels. The bright, sunny office provides an exciting work environment with a restaurant serving organic food, an outdoor terrace, two gardens and plentiful bike-parking spaces.
This full time or 4/5 position is based on a Belgian open-ended contract. Please note that the title of Coordinator refers to CAN Europe's role as coordinator of our 150+ members network and not to internal management responsibilities.
To apply, please send a letter of motivation and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with “EU Energy Policy Coordinator” as subject line.
The letter of motivation should clearly demonstrate why you want the job, stating why you wish to work for a climate NGO and how your skills and experience are relevant to the job requirements detailed above
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 11 December at midnight
First round of Interviews preferably between 16 & 20 December (can be done remotely)
Second round of interviews between 6 & 10 January 2020 (in Brussels)
Expected start date: as soon as possible thereafter
Please note that CAN Europe is also hiring a EU Climate & Energy Policy Coordinator to work on industrial decarbonisation issues.
Inquiries to Lionel Dehalu, Head of Operations, email@example.com +32 2 894 46 77
Vermeld bij je sollicitatie dat je de vacature op de website van Bond Beter Leefmilieu gevonden hebt.