CAN Europe zoekt Fiscal Reform Policy Coordinator
Climate Action Network Europe (CAN Europe), recognised as Europe's leading network working on climate and energy issues, is currently seeking a highly motivated, dynamic and results-driven Fiscal Reform Policy Coordinator (full time, or 4/5) to join our team. This position offers an opportunity to be at the center of the largest movement for global change that will affect people and the planet for centuries to come.
The successful candidate will develop and implement a campaign on fiscal policies, national recovery and the macroeconomics of the EU Green Deal, in order to boost climate action and promote fiscal reforms that enable a just transition towards climate neutrality.
- Preferably 4 years relevant professional experience;
- Knowledge of fiscal policies and macroeconomics;
- Ability to develop policy positions integrating economic questions with EU policies related to climate action;
- Experience of working with NGO networks or international organisations;
- Experience in advocacy and outreach to different stakeholders (decision-makers from EU and national institutions, NGOs, business associations, consumer organisations, city networks);
- Fluent written and spoken English, excellent communication skills, other EU languages would be an asset;
- Advocacy experience on EU finance and fiscal topics, such as the EU budget and recovery, the Stability and Growth Pact or the European Semester.
Main duties will include
- Develop and implement a campaign to contribute to a resilient and fair recovery by monitoring national recovery and promoting fiscal reforms to enable a just transition;
- Inform, track and monitor the development and implementation of national recovery plans and funds;
- Exploit the review of the EU economic governance and fiscal framework in order to promote the drivers of green investments and the macroeconomics to implement the Green Deal;
- Promote campaigns for a more social and sustainable Europe that unites social and environmental sustainability as a central pillar of the just transition.
The location of this position is flexible, and remuneration will be defined accordingly. If the position would be based in our headquarters in Brussels, a Belgian open‐ended contract will be provided with a projected salary between 3160,0EUR and 4310,0EUR gross/month depending on the years of relevant experience (from 3 to 20 years) and subject to Belgian taxes.
To apply, please send your CV in English and a one page essay laying out the current challenges and opportunities for fiscal policies to achieve ambitious climate objectives.
Please send these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Fiscal Reform Policy Coordinator” as subject line.
Closing date for applications: 9 March
Interviews preferably between 15-18 March 2021 (online), and 22-25 March 2021 (second round, online)
Expected start date: preferably 1 April, as soon as possible thereafter
Inquiries to Markus Trilling, Finance and Subsidies Policy Coordinator, email@example.com