CAN Europe zoekt Gas Communication Coordinator
Climate Action Network Europe is looking for a
Gas Communication Coordinator
CAN Europe, Europe's largest coalition working on climate and energy issues, is currently seeking an experienced and dynamic Gas Communication Coordinator to join our team. This position will offer the successful candidate an opportunity to be at the center of the largest movement for global change that will affect people and the planet for centuries to come.
Required Educational/professional qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in media relations or journalism/press;
- Working knowledge of EU institutions and processes, and in particular of climate, energy and environment policy;
- Journalism or media training considered an asset;
- very good level of written and spoken English; additional EU languages considered an asset.
- Experience of working with NGO’s
- Knowledge or experience about the energy transition (preferably with a focus on gas) and the European media landscape
Experience, skills and abilities
- Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience writing, editing and proofreading, with a proven ability to manage the production of various types of high quality print and digital media products
- Proven experience with social media and website content production and maintenance
- Ability to prioritise and manage diverse tasks, meeting deadlines while maintaining high editorial standards
- Experience of working in a network; internal communication skills desirable
- A good team player coupled with ability to be self-reliant and self-disciplined, and use one’s own initiative to generate new communication ideas;
Main duties will include:
- Developing and promoting communication strategies and narratives that can be used by the CAN Europe membership;
- Writing, editing and dissemination of press releases and other documents, responding to media enquiries;
- Organising production and editing of paper and digital publications; liaising with policy officers to generate online web articles;
- Manage content and updates to the website (www.caneurope.org);
- Maintain a contact databases of experts and journalists;
- Cataloguing and maintaining CAN Europe’s media coverage;
- Descriptive reporting to funding organisations;
- Develop/liaise and maintain contacts with the media.
The location of this position is flexible, and remuneration will be defined accordingly. If the position would be based in our headquarters in Brussels, a Belgian open-ended contract will be provided with a projected salary between 3160 and 4080 Euro gross/month depending on the years of relevant experience (from 3 to 20 years) and subject to Belgian taxes.
To apply, please send your CV in English and two of your previous published writing samples in English (press release, blog post etc) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Gas Communication Coordinator” as subject line.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 3 December at 2pm
First round of Interviews preferably between 9 & 11 December 2020 (online)
Second round of interviews between 16 & 18 December (online)
Expected start date: as soon as possible thereafter
Inquiries to Cristina Dascalu, Communication Coordinator, email@example.com