CETAF zoekt Communications Assistant
CETAF aisbl is recruiting a: Communications Assistant
A. JOB DESCRIPTION
As Communications Assistant (M/F/X), you will join our team at the General Secretariat in Brussels. You will be in charge of further developing CETAF communications, mainly through the CETAF website, newsletter and social media, as well as punctually delivering printed products and digital communication tools. Tasks will also include networking, contributing to reinforcing CETAF’s connections, tightening engagement with CETAF members or stakeholders and expanding the CETAF network.
You will also be responsible – in close collaboration with the respective project assistants – to take over the communication tasks for CETAF in different projects. These include ICEDIG (www.icedig.eu), SYNTHESYS+ (www.synthesys.info), BIOTALENT (http://biotalent.myspecies.info/), ENVRI-FAIR (http://envri.eu/envri-fair/), MOBILISE COST Action (http://www.mobilise-action.eu/) and NaturalHeritage.be (http://www.naturalheritage.be/).
You will furthermore support the General Secretariat in the daily activities involved in managing the CETAF network and providing services to its members. You will be working closely with the rest of the CETAF Secretariat team and under the supervision of the CETAF Executive Director.
- Contribute to developing and implementing the Communication Plan for CETAF and its projects
- Regularly update, improve, and encourage the use of CETAF communication channels (distribution lists, project websites, etc.) and social media (Twitter, Facebook etc.)
- Maintain CETAF’s website, including:
- Public and Community (intranet) spaces
- Creating news and event content (select or write and disseminate information of interest to CETAF and its members)
- Collation and uploading of information in relation to the consortium members
- Update project websites with relevant news items, events, project content, etc.
- Propose and organise new communication services to CETAF Members, and implement them through the website
- Propose, co-develop and disseminate new CETAF visual material, including flyers, brochures, posters, videos or any other product relevant to the CETAF community activities
- Activate the Communications Working Group within CETAF and oversee its activity
- Coordinate with CETAF Working Groups to promote dissemination of information on their activities and products
- Participate in events to network and promote CETAF and to ensure engagement with stakeholders
- Report on matters related to communication and outreach activities of interest to CETAF in European and international fora
- Other communication-related activities, as necessary, for the effective functioning of the CETA General Secretariat and the successful achievement of the CETAF goals
B. MAIN REQUIREMENTS
- University degree or equivalent experience in communications or similar domain relevant to the position.
- Background in the field of Communications, preferably in an international environment.
- Experience in international associations, the EU policy environment and/or the scientific
- domain/museums would be highly appreciated.
- The ideal candidate will have the following specific competencies:
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with strong writing and editorial abilities;
- Advanced digital skills, specifically (R: Required qualification, D: Desirable qualification):
- experience in social media management (R)
- proficiency in using the Microsoft package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) (R)
- ability to use Adobe Creative Cloud Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign or similar graphic editing software (R)
- competency in CMS management for web maintenance (Drupal/WordPress) (R)
- comfortable use of various communication tools and platforms, e.g. project management tools (e.g. Teamwork, Emdesk, etc.) (D)
- Pro-activeness, networking and good interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate to members and stakeholders
- Well-organised with an eye for detail
- Strategic and objective-oriented
- Collaborative in nature and working as part of a team (R)
- Languages: English is CETAF’s working language. Good knowledge of French and/or Dutch is an an advantage. Other European languages an asset.
C. GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Start date: 18 March 2019
- Work pattern: Part time (3 days/week, 24 hrs/week)
- Contract: 1 year (renewable and extendable)
- Workplace: CETAF General Secretariat (c/o Royal Belgian Institute for Natural Sciences), Rue Vautier, 29 - 1000 Brussels, Belgium
If interested, please send your CV (max. 2 pages) and motivation letter (max. 1 page) in English and as a
single PDF to the CETAF Executive Director, Ana Casino (firstname.lastname@example.org), with subject line “CETAF
Communications Assistant” by the 24 February 2019, 24:00, Brussels time zone. Interviews will be held
during the first half of March 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We will only store and process your personal data for the completion of this recruitment process and will
delete all information no later than three months after its conclusion. We will not share it with anyone not
Vermeld bij je sollicitatie dat je de vacature op de website van Bond Beter Leefmilieu gevonden hebt.