CETAF zoekt Technical Assistant
CETAF aisbl is recruiting a: Technical Assistant
A. JOB DESCRIPTION
As Technical Assistant (M/F/X), you will join our team at the General Secretariat in Brussels. You will oversee the creation, implementation and enhancement of the technical products of CETAF. This includes developing several websites, tools and databases to reinforce the access and dissemination of the products and tools developed by CETAF working groups, to showcase outputs in connection to ongoing CETAF projects, to provide support for collaborative initiatives, and to ensure sustainability of and accessibility to the CETAF community products and services.
One of these projects – and your focus while at CETAF – is SYNTHESYS+, a European Commission-funded project providing access to natural history collections and laying important groundwork for an integrated European infrastructure for natural history collections. The project started on 1 February 2019 for a duration of four years. Within this project, CETAF has a number of tasks which require technical expertise and the ability to produce visualization of outputs.
Linked to these activities, you will support the General Secretariat in the daily activities related to the management of the CETAF website and IT support as well as to the provision of services to CETAF members. You will be working closely with the rest of the CETAF team and under the supervision of the CETAF Executive Director.
You will furthermore be responsible – in close collaboration with the respective project assistants – to take over the technical responsibilities for CETAF in other projects. These include specifically DiSSCo PPP (www.dissco.eu), but also ICEDIG (www.icedig.eu), BIOTALENT (http://biotalent.myspecies.info/), MOBILISE COST Action (http://www.mobilise-action.eu/), ENVRI-FAIR (http://envri.eu/envri-fair/) and NaturalHeritage.be (http://www.naturalheritage.be/).
- Contribute to developing websites and platforms currently run by CETAF (specifically cetaf.org, but also others as icedig.eu, dissco.eu, and the Distributed School for Taxonomy-DEST at http://taxonomytraining.eu/, etc).
- Create databases and virtual tools for different purposes, as and when necessary, to meet CETAF commitments under different tasks in relevant projects.
- Develop support mechanisms for the CETAF community.
- Integrate different natural history collection assessment tools.
- Collate and structure information from the CETAF community for projects.
- Visualise and implement integration of data via Dashboards and other similar mechanisms (e.g. Natural History Collections Digitisation Dashboard).
- Provide adequate support to helpdesk activities in different projects and monitor performance.
- Coordinate with technical teams under CETAF projects.
- Support the CETAF Working Groups and their activities with technical assistance.
- Participate in events to network and promote CETAF.
- Report on matters related to CETAF technical activities.
- Other technical-related activities as necessary for the effective functioning of the CETAF General Secretariat and the successful achievement of CETAF community goals.
B. MAIN REQUIREMENTS
- University degree or equivalent experience in databasing and web development.
- The ideal candidate will have the following specific competencies (R: Required, D: desirable):
- Experience in website management and development, specifically with CMS Drupal (R) and WordPress (D);
- Knowledge of database development and maintenance (R);
- Ability to make data and other outputs available online in a visually appealing manner (R);
- Efficient use of visualization tools via dashboard software (e.g. Microsoft Power BI) (R);
- Helpdesk experience (D);
- Comfortable use of various communication tools and platforms, e.g. project management tools (D);
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Access, PPT) (R);
- Familiarity with biodiversity data standards, semantic web annotations and virtual research environments (D).
- Well-organised with an eye for detail.
- Collaborative in nature and appreciates working as part of a team.
- Languages: English is CETAF’s working language. Good knowledge of French and/or Dutch is an advantage. Other European languages an asset.
C. GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Start date: 25 March 2019
- Work pattern: Part time (3 days/week, 24 hrs/week) – Project based
- Contract: 1 year (renewable for up to 4 years)
- Workplace: CETAF General Secretariat, c/o Royal Belgian Institute for Natural Sciences, Rue Vautier, 29, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV (max. 2 pages) and motivation letter (max. 1 page)
in English and as a single PDF to the CETAF Executive Director, Ana Casino (firstname.lastname@example.org), with subject line
“CETAF Technical Assistant” by the 24 February 2019, 24:00, Brussels time zone. Interviews will be held
during the first half of March 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We will only store and process your personal data for the completion of this recruitment process and will
delete all information no later than three months after its conclusion. We will not share it with anyone not
Vermeld bij je sollicitatie dat je de vacature op de website van Bond Beter Leefmilieu gevonden hebt.