CETAF zoekt Technical Assistant (M/F/X)
- JOB DESCRIPTION
As Technical Assistant (M/F/X), you will join our team at the General Secretariat in Brussels. You will oversee creation, implementation and enhancement of the technical products of CETAF. This includes contributing, and developing when necessary, several websites, tools and databases to reinforce the access and dissemination of the work developed by CETAF working groups, to showcase outputs in connection to the ongoing CETAF projects and initiatives (such as registries), to provide support for collaborative work (e.g. supervising online platforms) and to ensure technical sustainability and accessibility to the CETAF community products and services.
One of these projects – and your main focus while at CETAF – is SYNTHESYS+, a European Commission-funded project providing access to natural history collections and laying important groundwork for an integrated European Research Infrastructure for natural history collections. The project started on 1 February 2019 for a duration of four years. Within this project, CETAF has several tasks which require technical expertise and the ability to create visualisations for the outputs.
Linked to these activities, you will support the General Secretariat in its daily activities related to the management of the CETAF website and IT support as well as to the provision of services to CETAF members. You will be working closely with the rest of the CETAF team and under the supervision of the Executive Director.
You will furthermore be responsible – in close collaboration with the respective project assistants – to take over the technical responsibilities for CETAF in other projects. These include specifically DiSSCo PPP (www.dissco.eu), but also ICEDIG (www.icedig.eu), BIOTALENT (http://biotalent.myspecies.info/), MOBILISE COST Action (http://www.mobilise-action.eu/), ENVRI-FAIR (http://envri.eu/envri-fair/) and NaturalHeritage.be (http://www.naturalheritage.be/).
- Design and create databases and virtual tools for different purposes, as necessary to meet CETAF commitments under different tasks in relevant projects.
- Contribute to develop and support a helpdesk to the CETAF community and monitor its performance.
- Integrate different natural history collection assessment tools, such as KPIs, progress reports, etc.
- Support collation and structure of information from the CETAF community as relevant for projects in dedicated registries.
- Visualise (e.g. via Microsoft Power BI) and implement integration of data via Dashboards and other similar mechanisms (e.g. Natural History Collections Digitisation Dashboard).
- Support the team in developing websites and platforms currently operated by CETAF.
- Coordinate with technical teams from other institutions under CETAF projects.
- Propose to and/or participate in the CETAF Working Groups and their activities.
- Participate in events to network and promote CETAF.
- Report on matters related to CETAF technical activities.
- Other technical-related activities as necessary for the effective functioning of the CETAF General Secretariat and the successful achievement of CETAF community goals.
- MAIN REQUIREMENTS
- Informatics/Computer Science (or “similar”) degree, or equivalent by experience in database design and management, and web development.
- Well-organised, self-sufficient and with an eye for detail.
- Collaborative in nature and working as part of a team.
- Languages: English is CETAF’s working language. Good knowledge of French and/or Dutch valuable. Other European languages an asset.
- The ideal candidate will have the following specific competencies:
- Very good knowledge of relational database modelling, development, administration, and client implementation;
- Working knowledge in website management and development, specifically with Drupal and WordPress;
- Ability to make data and other outputs available online in a user-friendly manner;
- Efficient use of visualization tools via dashboard software (e.g. Microsoft Power BI);
- Good knowledge of object-oriented programming as well as service-base architectures
- Familiarity with biodiversity informatics, which includes but is not limited to biodiversity data standards, semantic web annotations, persistent identifiers and virtual research environments;
- GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Start date: 20 May 2019
- Work pattern: Part time (3 days/week, 24 hrs/week) – Project based
- Contract: 1 year (renewable up to 4 years)
- Workplace: CETAF General Secretariat
c/o Royal Belgian Institute for Natural Sciences. Rue Vautier 29, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
If interested, please send your CV (max. 2 pages) and motivation letter (max. 1 page) in English and as a single PDF to the CETAF Executive Director, Ana Casino (email@example.com), with subject line “CETAF Technical Assistant” by the 25 April 2019, 24:00 , Brussels time zone. Interviews will be held during the first half of May 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Vermeld bij je sollicitatie dat je de vacature op de website van Bond Beter Leefmilieu gevonden hebt.