HERW!N zoekt Project Manager
We recruit a full time Project Manager for an European Interreg 2 seas project:
FLAVOUR -Food Surplus and Labour, the Valorisation of Underused Resources
HERW!N, Collective of Social and Circular enterprises, is a dynamic organisation in the social profit sector (environmental & social employment). HERW!N represents the interests of its members towards public authorities and stakeholders and supports them with projects aimed at the development of new activities, quality management, innovation, communication, registration and reporting. With the project Foodsavers we’re actively striving to create social employment opportunities with the use of food surpluses. Fifteen committed people make up the team of HERW!N.
HERW!N has together with 4 Flemish, 1 French and 4 English partner organisations submitted a project proposal in the field of 'technical and social innovation' to Interreg 2 Seas. Twelve observer partners from Belgium, The Netherlands, France and the UK will also contribute regularly or want to 'observe' the project closely and learn from it. More info about the project can be found at https://www.interreg2seas.eu/en/FLAVOUR
The project focuses on the development of distribution platforms collecting, sorting out, doing the order picking for delivery of food surpluses to social organisations over a wider region. Also pilot projects on the use of food surpluses as raw material for new products are set up. In both activities, as much as possible employment will be created for people far from the regular labour market. The development of business plans and adjustment of training are part of this project.
During the pilot projects research in the different countries will be done to find out which kind of European policies are needed to support these activities and to give them a real chance of success. The project runs from January 2019 to end of September 2022.
We are looking for an overall manager for the FLAVOUR-project.
- You are the operational manager of this project who will make sure that clear agreements are made between the partners, written in a contract if necessary and that these agreements are also complied with. You are a sounding board for partners regarding the project.
- You are the main contact point for the Joint Commission of the European Commission and for all project partners (executive and observers). That is why it is important to know where which expertise is present in the project so that you can match people effectively.
- Follow-up and refinement of the system set up to hold track of the progress of the project and its underlying objectives, activities, results, as well as of their quality, always in close cooperation with the partner organisations.
- In collaboration with the hosting partner organisation planning, preparing, organising and facilitating the 6-monthly management meetings and make sure a report of the meeting is written.
- Co-ordinate the communication about the project (lead work package communication), take care of the communication in Belgium and ensure that the communication is done according to the guidelines of the funding authority.
- Ensure that the reports and financial claims can be submitted in time.
- Organise interim and final evaluation.
- You are co-responsible for the dissemination of the project results at all levels.
Vermeld bij je sollicitatie dat je de vacature op de website van Bond Beter Leefmilieu gevonden hebt.