Teach for Belgium zoekt Partnerships & projects coordinator
PARTNERSHIPS & PROJECTS COORDINATOR
Start date: As soon as possible - Location: BeCentral, Brussels (above the Central Station)
Contract: full time 6 months temporary contract, extendable in permanent contract
WHAT DOES TEACH FOR BELGIUM DO?
Teach for Belgium is a non-profit organization created in 2013 whose vision is that, one day, all students will have equal opportunities to succeed, regardless of their socio-economical background.
To achieve this vision, Teach for Belgium:
- attracts, selects, trains and supports people committed to teach in the most disadvantaged schools in the country.
- collects and spreads, in collaboration with its community of alumni and educational partners, efficient practices, concrete tools and mindsets that improve student learning outcomes, support positive relationships in education and increase resilience for both students and educational teams.
With a team of around 20 people, we do our best to achieve our mission above and support 279 participants and alumni who are reaching over 15.000 students every school year.
Teach for Belgium is part of the international network Teach for All that is active in 59 countries. Diversity, inclusiveness and equity are central values in our network.
You will be part of the Partnerships & Advocacy Team. The partnerships team consists of five committed and driven colleagues.
As a Partnerships & Projects coordinator, you will contribute to the development of Teach for Belgium, help promote the identity of the organisation and contribute to the sustainability and growth of the organisation. You will be responsible for cultivating, setting up and implementing various partnerships, in collaboration with your colleagues and external partners.
Under the supervision of the Head of Partnerships you will:
- Coordinate ~20 current financial partnerships (mainly corporate partners but also some public partnerships)
- Establish strong and sustainable relationships with each partner
- Act as contact person for Teach for Belgium
- Maintain a regular, constructive and pro-active communication
- Plan meetings, events and activities
- Represent Teach for Belgium at meeting & events organised by partners
- Follow-up on the contractual aspects with partner
- Follow-up payments
- Ensure regular and accurate financial and narrative reporting of ongoing partnerships
- Ensure renewal of partnerships
- Manage administration
- Create and manage accounts in information system (Salesforce.com) and digital platforms
- Draw and manage budget planning and reporting, in collaboration with the finance manager
- draw budget planning in funding propositions
- financial reporting to partners
- Report to team manager / team about relevant updates in your account (new opportunities, end/prolongation of contract, meetings,…) and include (team) manager in strategic meetings if needed
- Reach out to collaborators to work on joint projects if needed and lead these meetings
- Develop Teach for Belgium partnerships portfolio through co-creating win-win partnerships with new financial partners
- Co-develop the fundraising strategy in cooperation with the communications lead, the finance manager, the Head of Partnerships and the director
- Organise brainstorms with relevant colleagues when funding opportunities occur
- Prepare and execute presentations for potential (financial) partners
- Develop new projects/partnerships ideas in interaction with the partner & colleagues
- Write narrative & financial project proposals and reports for private and public partners (governments, foundations, companies)
- Co-organise fundraising events/opportunities
- Attend networking events
- Follow up the implementation of some of the co-created projects
- Follow up implementation of activities together with colleagues and participants/alumni
- Report back to the partner
THE NEW COLLEAGUE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Qualification & experience:
- You have a master’s or Bachelor’s degree
- You have at least 3 years of relevant experience in consulting, fundraising, development, account management, sales or other related fields
Talents & Competencies
- You are aligned with Teach for Belgium’s vision and mission and want to contribute actively towards its realisation
- You understand the cultural and socio-economic context the youngsters we support are confronted with
- You are passionate about working collectively to ensure funding for Teach for Belgium
- You have proven to work relentlessly towards goals and be achievement driven
- You are great at building and sustaining relationships with (potential) partners
- You have strong writing and presentation skills in at least two languages (NL, FR or ENG) and you are able to attend meetings and read/answer emails in the third language
- You have the ability to work both well with others as part of a team as independently.
- You are proactive, self-organised, solution-oriented and accountable
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced working environment and are able to process a lot of information
- You are a real team player and are able to coordinate different people working on a same topic
- You work very thoroughly and meticulously
In order to reflect better the society we are living in, Teach for Belgium strongly encourages people with diverse background (e.g. economic, cultural, ethnic, religious, ...) to apply.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are pleased to offer you :
- An exciting job with varied responsibilities in a dynamic international working environment
- A close collaboration with all departments of Teach for Belgium, the Teach for Belgium community and our international network Teach for All
- Various opportunities for professional and personal development to become proficient at all aspects of your job
- A competitive salary for the non-profit sector with extra-legal benefits such as an hospitalisation insurance, lunch allowance, reimbursement of transportation expenses etc.
INTERESTED? APPLY NOW!
Please send as soon as possible at the latest on May 23rd a cover letter and your CV (max 3 pages) to email@example.com with the reference “Partnerships & Projects coordinator”. The applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.