WWF zoekt Program Officer - Latin America
WWF Belgium is looking for a Program Officer to support the management, delivery and development of conservation programs in Latin America, with a particular focus on the Amazon in Suriname (and to a lesser extent in Ecuador) and on the Pantanal-Chaco in Paraguay and Bolivia.
You will be part of WWF Belgium’s International Programs team and work closely with colleagues across the WWF network and partners (i.e., WWF Guyanas, Tropenbos).
You support the program manager for the region to ensure the high standard, effective delivery, accountability, compliance, value-added and relevance for the international programs in your portfolio. You do so through technical support, capacity building, close monitoring and detailed analysis tailored to the local context and needs. All you do is geared to making us the most impactful conservation organization evidencing solutions and positively influencing all generations to respect, conserve and restore nature, and halting biodiversity loss. You drive change by helping deliver impact on the ground through the power of partnerships and by engaging all those close to Nature.
- You will support the relevant program manager and our partners throughout the project cycle for conservation programs within your portfolio, assist in assessing their feasibility, value-added, impact and help ensure their relevance to our mission and priorities.
- Support with relevant partners and stakeholders the development of conservation strategies and programs;
- Assist with the design/review the theory of change, logical frameworks; outcome/outputs/indicators/ action plan;
- Support the design/review of budgets and resource mobilization;
- Conduct/review the risks assessment and compliance requirements;
- Support future proofing the financial and technical needs for successful program implementation;
- Lead on relevant contractual arrangements with partners.
- You will help ensure the effective delivery and reporting of conservation programs in your portfolio.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with partners;
- Ensure (internal and external) quality assurance and compliance;
- Support the monitoring, support and control of projects’ effective delivery, in close collaboration with colleagues, especially the Monitoring & Evaluation & Learning Specialist and the Finance Controller;
- Report, support evaluating and accounting for projects’ delivery of high-quality implementation against measurable indicators of outputs, outcomes, and impact but also project performance indicators.
- You will contribute to and stay up to date with the latest developments and innovations relevant to your portfolio, within the WWF network and the sector.
- Input/Support/Consult the WWF network to leverage greater impact for your portfolio;
- Seek solutions (through partnerships, innovation, etc.) to assist and support our partners in the field;
- Support colleagues working in the region, on a needs basis and by drawing from cross-cutting issues/themes;
- Keep abreast of and advise on national and regional policies and programs pertinent to biodiversity conservation in the region.
- You will support fundraising to sustain our efforts in the field.
- In close collaboration with the relevant Program Manager and the Program Development Specialist, help seek, identify and develop new prospects for your portfolio.
- Master’s in biology, Nature Conservation, Ecology, or other relevant field;
- 2 years of experienceof project delivery in a relevant field, preferably involving work with local communities;
- 2 year of relevant Field experience;
- Good knowledge of English; knowledge of Spanish would be a definite plus;
- Flexible and able to travel in remote conditions (estimate: 2 times/year);
- Diplomacy and negotiation skills;
- Strong ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, with colleagues and partners;
- Well-structured and attention to detail;
- Practical knowledge of GIS would be a plus;
- Experience in the region would be a plus.
- A full-time, permanent contract
- An attractive salary package for the sector including meal vouchers, group insurance, health insurance, 100% reimbursement of the costs of public transport;
- A pleasant working environment in the heart of Brussels, easily accessible by public transport and flexible homeworking;
- The opportunity to contribute to our new and ambitious five-year strategic plan.
Interested? Send your updated CV and Cover Letter through this link before 11/07/2022.
Why working with us?
WWF believes in a future where people and nature thrive, so we’re committed to safeguarding the natural world. WWF has teams of experts working in over 100 countries to protect the natural resources that sustain and inspire us: our forests, rivers, oceans, climate, food and wildlife. WWF harnesses the collective power of supporters around the world, communities, companies and governments to create real solutions for people and the planet. WWF employs knowledgeable, talented people who are passionate about engaging and inspiring others. People who share our optimism that it’s possible to change the world. People who are determined to make a difference.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.