Conference: Reality Check on the Role of Hydrogen in the Energy Transition
Join us for a Reality Check on the Role of Hydrogen in the Energy Transition
You are invited for the launch event on 5 December 2023. We will present our newest publication, a report on the role of renewable hydrogen in the energy transition.
Belgian environmental NGOs Bond Beter Leefmilieu, Canopea and Greenpeace Belgium will present their conclusions and 7 policy recommendations on renewable hydrogen, and discuss them with key players in Belgium and at EU level.
Engage with the report’s authors, policy makers, industry and experts as they present their views and discuss today’s burning questions around renewable hydrogen.
- What can we expect from renewable hydrogen in the fight against the climate crisis, and what not?
- Are we risking higher greenhouse gas emissions by exaggerated targets for production, import and use of renewable hydrogen?
- Why bet the house on renewable hydrogen when alternatives exist?
- How can we make sure renewable hydrogen will be available to decarbonise those sectors that rely on it?
- How can we land the hype around renewable hydrogen and come to a more appropriate strategy?
We are looking forward to meeting you in Brussels on 5 December 2023.
The conference will take place in English.
- Registration and opening
14:00 - 15:00
- Welcome: Björn Crul, moderator
- Launch of the publication on hydrogen: key points and 7 policy recommendations: Mathieu Soete (Energy transition campaigner at Greenpeace), Almut Bonhage (Policy expert energy at Bond Beter Leefmilieu), Arnaud Collignon (Head of climate and energy at Canopea)
- Belgian hydrogen vision: An Stroobandt (Deputy Head of Cabinet Federal Minister Energy Tinne Van der Straeten)
- Hydrogen industry view: Christophe Galimont (Director Public Affairs at Air Liquide)
- Expert view: Pieter Vingerhoets (Expert Energy & Climate Strategy at EnergyVille - VITO)
- European environmental point of view: Marta Lovisolo (Senior Policy Advisor Renewable Energy Systems at Bellona Foundation)
15:00 - 16:00
- Panel discussion with the speakers and Q&A
- Wrapping up: Benjamin Clarysse (Policy director at Bond Beter Leefmilieu)
16:00 - 17:00
- Networking drink
- Location: Les Atelier des Tanneurs, Huidevettersstraat 60A, 1000 Brussels
- Date and time: Tuesday, 5 December, 14:00 - 16:00. Registration starts at 13:30.
- We are happy to invite you for a drink and networking opportunities after the debate.